It’s been a while since I posted. That’s unusual behaviour for me. And I’ve come to realise that if I don’t post then I feel like I am missing out on something.
Which is strange really because this is only a little blog, it’s not like I have thousands or tens of thousands of followers. We are a small tribe. But I love you.
Please don’t think I am getting
schmaltzy in my old age. I am just appreciative. And, although I don’t have anything massive to impart , this week has been quite busy.
Things I have learnt this week include:
- There is a reason why they call picture hanging a hanging. The assessment hanging from my ongoing masters degree in fine Art was in my opinion one of the most stressful things I have tackled in the last few years. Unbelievable I know. I mean, how hard can it be? The answer to that is : quite hard. And then some.
- You can’t live your life by New Year’s resolutions. By which I mean, you can’t just be good in January. self care and health improvement must be an ongoing and friendly nonguilt making process. When I say friendly, I mean be nice to yourself. I normally start off saying I won’t do this, I won’t do that. And it never works. This year, I’m trying to be kind to myself. And treat myself with healthy goodness .
- Sometimes maintaining the status quo in a family is harder than dealing with crises. Balance is hard to maintain. Not impossible, but hard.
- There are only 24 hours in a day. Who knew?
- My sketches are better than my paintings. I knew that one.
- Headlice are our modern day plague. Any ideas or tips gratefully accepted.
- After Events is a nightmare to download. A nightmare I tell you.
- Still, there are only 24 hours in the day. Someone needs to do something about that one.
Never say I don’t tell you stuff. This blog is truly educational. 😉